Acronym: WaterWorks 2014
Coordinator: Spain, Ministerio de Economía y Empresa
Period of implementation: 2015-2019
The ERA-NET Cofund WaterWorks2014 was launched on March 2, 2015 in support of the Water JPI. It is funded by the EC under Horizon 2020. WaterWorks2014 aims at tackling European water challenges through the development of transnational and trans-disciplinary research and innovation actions. WaterWorks2014 addresses the specific challenge of integrating the efforts and Strategic Agendas of many European Water Research and Innovation Funding Organisations.
WaterWorks2014 will also perform additional activities contributing to Water JPI Strategy and Implementation. Activities contributing to strategy include the development of new versions of the Water JPI Strategic Agenda and the Implementation Plan. Activities contributing to implementation include sharing good practices on Water research and innovation funding and management, exploratory workshops, alignment of on-going projects and the monitoring and final evaluation of Calls without cofunding.
WaterWorks2014 benefits researchers, policy-makers, water authorities, utility operators, industry, farmers, and citizens by developing new solutions in the water domain.
- Spain, Ministerio de Economía y Empresa
- Portugal, Fundação Para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT)
- Cyprus, Research Promotion Foundation (RPF) CY
- Italy, National Institute for Environmental Protection and Research (ISPRA)
- Ireland, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Great Britain, Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
- Sweden, Swedish Research Council for Environment, Agricultural Sciences and Spatial Planning (FORMAS)
- Netherlands, Ministerie van Infrastructuur en Milieu (IenM)
- Norway, Research Council of Norway (RCN)
- Denmark, Danish National Innovation Foundation (DNIF)
- Ministry of the Environment (MoE-EE) EE
- Estonia, Estonian Research Council (Eesti Teadusagentuur) (ETAg)
- Spain, Centro para el Desarrollo Tecnológico e Industrial (CDTI)
- Belgium, Fonds National de la Recherche Scientifique (FNRS)
- Israel, Ministry of National Infrastructure, Energy and Water (MoE-IL)
- Romania, Unitatea Executiva pentru Finantarea Invatamantului Superior, a Cercetarii, Dezvoltarii si Inovarii (UEFISCDI)
- Italy, Ministero dell’Instruzione, dell’Università e della Ricerca (MIUR)
- South Africa, Water Research Commission (WRC)
- Romania, Unitatea Executivă pentru Finanţarea Învaţământului Superior, a Cercetării, Dezvoltării şi Inovării (UEFISCDI)
- Finland, Academy of Finland (AKA)
- Turkey, Turkish Water Institute (SUEN)
- Italy, Istituto di Ricerca Sulle Acque, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (IRSA-CNR)
- Italy, Agenzia Nazionale per le Nuove Tecnologie, l’energia e lo Sviluppo Economico Sostenible (ENEA).