The survey targets the following researchers:
- European researchers currently mobile outside the EU:
- European researchers, by citizenship, who are CURRENTLY mobile (and hence working) outside Europe (i.e. the last international long-term move was outside EU and is still ongoing).
- Non-EU researchers who have worked in the EU in the past:
- Non-European researchers, by citizenship, who in the PAST have worked in Europe but have returned or moved to another place outside Europe afterwards (i.e. there was an international move to the EU in the past which is no longer ongoing).
- Non-EU researchers who have not worked in the EU but who were mobile to other non-EU countries:
- Non-European researchers, by citizenship, who have NEVER worked in Europe but who have worked in other non-European countries than their country of citizenship.
- Non-EU researchers who have not worked in the EU and who are non-mobile in general:
- Non-European researchers, by citizenship, who have NEVER undertaken international long-term mobility (neither to a European country, nor to another non-European country).
In the following countries:
ALGERIA, MOROCCO, TUNISIA, EGYPT,
ALBANIA, MONTENEGRO, BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA, NORTH MACEDONIA, SERBIA, MOLDOVA
TURKEY, ARMENIA, GEORGIA, UKRAINE, RUSSIA
NORWAY, FAROE ISLANDS, ICELAND
ARGENTINA, BRAZIL, CHILE, MEXICO
AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, SOUTH AFRICA
INDIA, CHINA, KOREA, JAPAN